Welcome

This blog started as a way of keeping friends up-to-date with Zambian life but it now also helps generate money for the poor here in Chikuni. If you like what you read please click on an ad to help the people of Chikuni.

Friday 16 September 2011

News Flash

David minutes before leaving Botswana for good ole ZambiaIt’s been quite a while since I’ve posted here. This hasn’t been because one of the snakes finally got me or I’ve melted under the now extreme African sun, no. Instead it’s been an incredibly busy three weeks filled with illness, adventure, work, running around, work, illness, yet more work, a fair bit of screaming and did I mention work?

All the work originated from the Annual Chikuni Tonga Music Concert. It’s the most stressful time of the year for anyone associated with Radio Chikuni. Some photographs can be found on picasa and more details will follow soon…

After the concert, I had a week off and did my long awaited return trip to Livingstone. I had a fantastic time there, did loads of stuff, have loads of memories and yet more pub stories to keep me in Fruili long into next year. Full details to follow about this too… (In the meantime a small selection of the stupid amount of photographs I took can be found on picasa)

Finally there’s the illness. I hate being ill and am not the world’s best patient by any stretch of the imagination. So I was very disappointed to be hit by a stomach bug on the weekend before the concert and immediately upon returning to Chikuni after Livingstone. I am fine now but I’m left feeling worried about whether there is more to follow, this is Africa after all. Full details to follow immediately…

No comments:

Post a Comment